Sunday 20 May 2018

Enjoying The Fruits Of My Labour & Other Things.

With the Cobra now at the stage of being fun to drive I entered into my first official Cobra Car Club event. The club was to meet at Little Creatures Brewery in Geelong for morning tea then head to Queenscliffe Brewhouse for lunch. As alway wanting to look our best, a clean up was required.


The car was still untried at this stage but the 60klm round trip was trouble free and
presented for a photo opportunity outside the old Queenscliffe Fort.

One of the things that was occurring was the car would stall at the intersections on a regular basis so I made arrangements with Bullett Performance Racing to do a dyno tune and sort any issues that may arise. I was quite impressed with the results that a little bit of tweaking can produce.


Adjusting the cam timing resulted in a 22RWHP increase. One area that the tune did highlight was the need for a cold air box. The temperature of the air flowing into the intake was 41°C and that needs to be reduced to below 30°. I will endeavour to make a cold air box soon. An adjustment in the idle spreed has solved the bulk of the stalling issues but their is still a gremlin to be found.


I have gained a lot of confidence in the car and drive it when ever I can so when the clubs annual Alpine Run came up I thought that this will really sort it out. Once again, another big clean up.


The Alpine Run covers about 1300 klm up through the Victorian Alpine region and takes in some beautiful scenery and great winding roads. We had quite a spirited run up Mt Hotham which is about 30klm of winding roads which was a lot of fun. The temperature on the day was 32°C and the coolant and oil was on 103° so we stopped on top of Mt Hotham for a cool down, not that the car needed it but I did. Not having power steering added to the effort. Pics below.

.

I am experiencing some movement in the rear suspension so we will have a look at that soon, more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment